This fountain was designed and built in 1303 AD by Marcuccio di Todi and Giovanni di Marco:
These information were found in an inscription on the upper bronze basin that also names
the Podestà Francesco d’Alviano and a number of Consuls of that time,
Pellegrino, Tello, Somarucio, Gianni, Aniballo and Giovenale.
The lower stone basin is in the form of a
twenty-sided polygon made
of travertine, marble and
Slabs of Ammonitic Red Limestone with the typical presence of a well preserved fossil